CHOOSE YOUR LANGUAGE --- G E R M A N --- E N G L I S H ---

Monday, April 15, 2013

A extra fluffy project



After writing down many ideas and after programed my first simple 2D game engine I met a company from Singapur and decided to choose one idea compatible for children as target. Its maybe have synergy effects working or releasing in cooperation with this company I thought, and I maybe not have to take care about everything, for example the publishing part. But this sweet game I called EXTRA FLUFFY getting bigger and bigger and shows potential to make it interesting for advanced gamers too, and after the other company gets lost in space I decided to complete this project myself. Anyway the time comes I want to do everything my own, so why not already start like that. It runs on iPad and support iPad4 with retina display.

The first level - screenshot

The basic idea

This game was planed like a old slot machine, filled with a lot of sweet and fluffy pets. They floating around and you have to push them into a slot shown as sparkling sun. The main feature is not just the sweet creatures and the design, its more about the various game elements gets used building up the levels. For example some creatures have spikes and destroy others by colliding them, some are very heavy, some are light like a feather and moves very quick if pushed, there are week units disappears if clicked to close etc. And there´s a lot of different environmental game elements, and different kind of gameplay modes including VS battle in split screen and so on.





Development progress

It runs stable, have no known bugs, the engine is complete and 45 of 72 levels are finished and playable. Demos are available via Testflight App. So please just write me and become a game tester if you like to play something absolutely new. Just mail at prometheus@freakwave.de. The other Levels can be added in between 5-45 minutes each, depending on how much new game elements have to be designed for them. The biggest parts in development staying out are only a bigger testing phase, and the verification and release process with apple. Only about this last point I have no experience and don’t know how quick and plain it works. About the new levels I already have many ideas, so I going to add more 2 player maps, more ambitious levels where you can spend some more time to find out how to solve it and finally I want to persiflage some old retro game elements. Oh and by the way, at some sound variations i have to work too ^^


Simple instructions

Thers no complex instruction you have to read, you just start and sometimes like at the beginning you get a small tip shown direct inside the level. For example how to push a creature. The rest you find out 90% just during playing it and 10% shown in form of some small tips written in English. Just take a look, I add a video right here, from the startup, choosing the level too the first rounds. 

Youtube demo video


Thoughts about the right price

First I thought about releasing it for free, as a lite version, than later bring the full version to the market. But I want to show more and more of the potential already in the first version, and this getting so complex it makes no big sense to follow my first plan. Now I already add most cool stuff and another 36 levels after the first 36 tutorial levels. My plan is to offer it for free for the first maybe around 1000 pieces as special advertisement offer and then setup the price to a fair value. So if you want to remember one thing, you should try to get this game as soon after its in the appstore as possible, and you get it for nothing.

Anyway you can already play it for free if you register via mail at Prometheus@freakwave.de as test player. Or you stay informed by subscribe this Blog. http://freakwave-games.blogspot.de

Do you like the video? I rubberneck for some feedback :-)

Cheers,
Rayjunx



2 comments:

  1. OOh! Looking awesome! Could use more Backgrounds though(not just character on the BGs) and more flashy effects(probably for bonus powerups or something). But looking really good so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kevin!
    Thank you for your post!
    And good thoughts! I already make a new background texture today for VS Levels. And I thought I not have to do the finish design, so I going to spend more time in details like that, the sound effects and music. And of course it looks awesome, you did the pet design! ;)
    Thank you again ^^
    And Im sure we talk again soon :-)

    ReplyDelete